Sports News

Chris Keynes is ready to meet the “biggest challenge” after heart surgery

Former New Zealand all-around player Chris Keynes said on Sunday that the spinal stroke he suffered after undergoing life-saving heart surgery last month will give him “probably the biggest challenge I face in the recovery process.”

The 51-year-old former cricket player fell to the ground after a severe heart attack last month, causing an aortic dissection.

Aortic dissection is a serious disease in which the lining of the body’s aorta (aorta) is torn.

After the heart surgery, he suffered a variety of complications, including paralysis of both legs and spinal stroke.

“About six weeks ago, I suffered a type A aortic dissection, which basically meant a tear in one of my heart arteries,” Keynes said in a video message posted on his social media.

Read |

Cricket World: Shaheen Afridi’s heroic performance against Faf’s return

“I have performed several operations and transplants. Fortunately, the experts were able to save the heart itself.

“One of the complications that came up was spinal stroke, which in itself may be the biggest challenge I faced in the recovery process,” he said.

Read|

New Zealand cricket star Chris Keynes paralyzed after stroke

Keynes was one of the best all-rounders of his era. He participated in 62 tests, 215 ODIs and two T20Is for New Zealand from 1989 to 2006. Thanks to doctors and nurses for saving his life.

“There is still a long way to go, but I am very happy to be here.

“Thank you very much to the team at Canberra Hospital, St. Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney, surgeons, doctors, nurses and experts for saving my life.

“Thanks also to all the blessings sent to Mel, my wife and me. Uplifting, humble, etc., very special,” Keynes said.


Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button